Error Message After Updating To SP Page Builder V5.2.8 - Question | JoomShaper

Error Message After Updating To SP Page Builder V5.2.8

KV

KUNO e. V.

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

Hallo, I have just updated to SP Page Builder v5.2.8. But now, after doing this, when I select "Pages", I receive the following error message:

Unhandled Runtime Error

TypeError: i[e] is undefined

Please open the browser console for more information! Call Stack l

(2:1252879) 2477

(2:17591) l

(2:1252884)

How can this problem resolved quickly? I cannot access to any page.

Thank you for your help.

35 Answers
KV
KUNO e. V.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151592

Problem resolved. I had to empty the browser cache. No it works fine again.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151597

Yes. this the most popular method :)

1. Clear browser cached files.
  2. Check Admin & SPPB using Incognito Mode (each browser has it).
  3. You can use also 2nd browser and deep refresh.
  4. Then as last step Clear Joomla cache.
  5. Sometimes you have to wait (10-15min) becuase server file cache. Go to lunch, walk etc..

Then it will work :)

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151628

waiting on this to work i deleted cache on joomla cloudflare too? shouldnt take this long it shows no files in cache; should not be waiting for anything...

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151632

The .js files has the same name, so it's normal that browser cache them. But I agree that we need something "small" to improve that update process.

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151637

yes this brings site editing to a hault; i cannot edit

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151639

incognito mode on browser did not work i know it might seem like people are whining, but are you suggesting i have to wait an hour and somehow my server just magically figures it out? that doesnt seem logical to me. im guessing this is somewhere in documentation that people are somehow missing?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151642

Try this "crazy" method:

1. Using FTP delete that folder: administrator\components\com_sppagebuilder\assets
  2. Then go to SPPB Admin editor (list of pages), you should see white or error page, refresh to be sure!
  3. Then step back, and install SPPB 5.2.8 again.

People use cache rules in .htaccess, server cache files ... so many things matters. I informed developers to improve the update process, that's all I can do.

Even if I give the mentioned instructions in documentation, people do not read. Sad, but true.

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151656

Followed all instructions none helped. Still waiting for my site to be able to be edited, any light you can shed here?

K
komir
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151661

Same problem here.

Yes. this the most popular method :)

Clear browser cached files. Check Admin & SPPB using Incognito Mode (each browser has it). You can use also 2nd browser and deep refresh. Then as last step Clear Joomla cache. Sometimes you have to wait (10-15min) becuase server file cache. Go to lunch, walk etc.. Then it will work :)

Try this "crazy" method:

Using FTP delete that folder: administrator\components\com_sppagebuilder\assets Then go to SPPB Admin editor (list of pages), you should see white or error page, refresh to be sure! Then step back, and install SPPB 5.2.8 again.

Attempting to solve using the instructions given did not help

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151667

Same. They release this overnight and then when we update in the morning there's no support except snooty remarks about how people are whining. I'm guessing there's a language barrier and translation ocurring, but to be honest, I've not been able to access my pages menu all day. I will have to downgrade becuase they're essentially saying the customers are "too stupid to read documentation" when in reality this is a Joomshaper problem. I've seen so many bugs with this software I'm going to jump ship to a different builder. I'm using the Investa template and its awful. Pretty, but horribly buggy, and no one really seems to offer any help.

D
David
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151675

Hello

After updating to com_sppagebuilder_pro_v5.2.8 on Joomla 4.4.3 with PHP 8.2 I got errors as well, similar to the one described above, mine reports the following error:

Unhandled Runtime Error

TypeError: c.og_image is null

Please open the browser console for more information! Call Stack Ot

(2:30227) xs ... etcetera, several other codes are shown

I tried to follow the methods described above, "the most popular method" (clean caches) and the "crazy" method, therefore I also deleted the administrator\components\com_sppagebuilder\assets folder and reinstalled SPPB, then I also repeated the "the most popular method" (clean caches), but all of this to no avail, the error is still there the same way, It did not work.

Furthermore, this is not the only error, also my website was somehow mangled, colors of the header and the megamenu changed, some elements do not load and a lousy placeholder appears instead....

What do causes this? How can it be solved?

P
P.C.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151683

I have the same problem, I haven't solved it in any way, but going back to the previous version worked. I follow.

G
Gary
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151688

Same problem except after cleaning all caches and browser files I can go to pages and in 5 seconds this error happens and cannot edit pages.

Unhandled Runtime Error

TypeError: c.og_image is null

Please open the browser console for more information! Call Stack Ot

(2:30227) xs

(2:528198) xl

(2:585030) yc

(2:574184) mc

(2:574112) pc

(2:573973) rc

(2:570780) nc

(2:569335) S

(2:642756) _

(2:643287)

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151690

Why offer the last version for download when there are so many issues with it?

G
Gary
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151691

I agree and then leave it up to us to figure out how to fix it. Like where's the QAI???

I've tried every thing suggested and still cannot not edit pages, like as if I have the time to try and figure this out while trying to run a business.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151692

I always wait a few days with updating, first I want to read the comments.

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151694

For how much we pay for "support" it's often lacking. The the issues I have with the Helix frame work is awful...so many bugs but trying to describe them they just tell you some CSS fix.... I had to downgrade. SPPB.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151715

In next update we will add extra value for js files, so hard refresh won't be needed. Too many webmasters have a problem with this.

If somebody has a problem he can back to SPPB 5.2.7 and wait for next update.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151716

@Gary - your problem will be solved soon, checking with our developer...

@David - it looks that you have that same error message, so this same like above.

Please wait. Thx

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151737

I have the same problem. Going back to the previous version doesn't help.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151739

@Artur, There is magic word "backup" - use it.

But before which error message you have:

• TypeError: c.og_image is null
  • OR
  • TypeError: i[e] is undefined
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151741

Good news, we are going to release a hot fix. SPPB update today in next hours.

Really sorry for all the problems.

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151745

Do you study there or do you provide professional services? Text at a child's level. Yes, I have copies but I want to know the solution to the problem. I have many pages, not just one.

Unhandled Runtime Error TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'src')

Please open the browser console for more information!

Call Stack Ot (2:30247)

xs (2:528202)

xl (2:585034)

yc (2:574186)

mc (2:574114)

pc (2:573977)

rc (2:570784)

nc (2:569339)

S (2:642759)

MessagePort._ (2:643291)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151746

Look down, and answer the question if you really want to help.

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151748

Unhandled Runtime Error TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'src')

Please open the browser console for more information!

Call Stack Ot (2:30247)

xs (2:528202)

xl (2:585034)

yc (2:574186)

mc (2:574114)

pc (2:573977)

rc (2:570784)

nc (2:569339)

S (2:642759)

MessagePort._ (2:643291)

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151750

THX. This is helpful. And will be fixed as well.

John Juhl
John Juhl
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151761

I've just posted another problem regarding images, with 100% width sizes frontend, that has occured since the last update - pls see if this can be part of the "hot fix" as well...

A
Artur
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151766

Sp page builder 5.8.9 works. Thanks.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151770

Uffff.....

John Juhl
John Juhl
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151771

Yes, 5.8.9 works fine

but the image problem is still there on my site

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nugp_9-_cnGTv7wSKbGj_3yEwE6JXTy1/view?usp=sharing

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151801

To @All, to fix IMAGE SIZE problem use file from >> https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/31799

John used it already :)

P
Pista
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151802

Hi, I did all the suggested method, clearing the browser cash, the Joomla cash, clearing the Cloudflare cash, deleting the assets folder reinstalling the 5.2.9 Pro but the error still exist. The Pages does not open and I get the error message, as follows, Unhandled Runtime Error

TypeError: i[e] is undefined

Please open the browser console for more information! Call Stack l (2:1253012) 2477 (2:17591) l (2:1253017)

The Joomla version is 5.0.3. PHP version is 8.2.15.

I need an urgent fix or make the previous version free from this annoying bug available to download.

Thanks, Pista

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #151824

@Pista

1. Older version (eg. 5.2.7) you should have on your laptop, if you even downloaded that it should be in "Download" folder used by your browser.
  2. Create a new topic if you want to share access to your site.
  3. Can you check SPPB editor using for example Mobile browser (from phone) just to check if it works, nothing more. Or ask your IT friend (different network) to check it from his laptop.

We have also weird case from today, we have user website, two different persons with different IP/computers/browsers/networks checked and all works (list of pages, editor, we have videos as evidence), and that user still claims that see only error. #$%@! I hope it won't be that same ://

S
steven
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151852

I've still got issues updating to the latest 5.2.9. Still can't access pages. This is a big deal! I'm yet again going to downgrade back to 5.2.7

P
P.C.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151869

After deleting the browsing data, version 5.8.9 worked for me :-)