Using Dynamic And Custom Fields In SP PageBuilder Pro - Question | JoomShaper

Using Dynamic And Custom Fields In SP PageBuilder Pro

J

joomlaprofessionals

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

In a pagebuilder in one of SP PageBuilders' competitors it is possible to use dynamic fields in the pagebuilder. You can put the article title in a pagebuilder field, the article content, the intro image and the full article image etc. But also the custom fields that have been added to an article. Is such a feature also available in SP PageBuilder Pro, or is it on the roadmap?

7 Answers
Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #13956

Hello there,

Thanks for contacting with us. Can you explain your query more or give me a screen shot or screen record about the requirement.

-Regards

S
Steve
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #15997

Your competitor is YOOtheme Pro and it looks like they are marketing the new dynamic content option as a serious game-changer. Maybe they are hoping to knock SP Page Builder off the top spot for page builders! https://yootheme.com/page-builder

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #16304

Hello there,

Dynamic Content is in our plan. Hope fully, you will get it on SP Page builder 4.

-Regards

J
joomlaprofessionals
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #18927

I'm also using YOOtheme Pro now, and I have to admit ... the way you can use Dynamic Content and the way you can use custom (article) fields in the Builder is really really nice.

Anne
Anne
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #18975

Hello there,

Thank you very much for your appreciations. And thank you for being with us.

-Regards

RM
Rod Martin
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55062

Hi guys, to follow up on this...

what Yootheme does is allow a content category to have a "template" where the layout of the content component is fully customizable. Yeah - this is a serious game changer.

So let's say you have a category for books and you've added a ton of custom fields. You can create a "template" for just that category and layout the fields as easily as you would with SP Page Builder (of which I am a HUGE fan).

The REALLY big piece is that this is now a template for all books. So it's field level layout - which we still can't do with Helix Ultimate and SP Page Builder (correct?)

Please, please, please add this to the roadmap for Helix Ultimate/SP Page Builder. It would save all those insane template override files.

J
joe
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55167

I am also a big fan of YooTheme and Helix.

However, TAKE THIS OFF YOUR ROADMAP.

Fix the existing bugs before you start adding more features.

Last I checked, I have 5 CSS bug fix patches that have not been fixed.