Mega Menu Cannot Be Formatted As It Used To do - Question | JoomShaper

Mega Menu Cannot Be Formatted As It Used To do

Francois Barnard

Francois Barnard

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi

I have an IT Department website for my staff to fill out forms etc. I use FlexiContact from LesAbres as a component for this purpose.

I created a Mega Menu under the previous version of Helix Ultimate, and subsequently updated the site to the latest of Joomla 3 (3.10) and the latest of Helix Ultimate (2.0.1). Please take not of the following:

1. The first problem is that you cannot see the "SAVE" button at the bottom to activate any changes you make. I use two computers, one with a 14" screen and another with a 15.6" screen. Neither of them are large enough to show the "SAVE" button. I have to move the windows across to my 22" screen to get to this button - and no, I do not use the zoom function - after 35 years in IT my eyes have suffered enough. I sometimes have to edit websites in places where I do not have an extra 22" screen available - I need this SAVE button to be accessible;
  2. I have a top level menuitem called IT MATTERS. Below that are various forms to fill out. I have just added another submenu (childmenu) under the IT MATTERS menu - but it does not show on my menu at all. However, if I make it a child of an existing submenu, it does show. Thus - a menuitem works, a submenuitem does not, and a sub-submenuitem works again.
  3. I have a number of unanswered questions on this forum - let's see if you even read number three on this list.

Regards,

J. Francois Barnard

3 Answers
Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #31569

Hello Barnard,

Let's start with the number 3.

We are sorry for the misunderstanding. We always read the whole post before answering a single solution. I hope you got it already.

Secondly, please share your administrator access with us in the Hidden Content area so that we can have a look from our end.

Sincere apology in advance if it would take a bit longer time to come to you with the solution and we expect your patience.

Thanks!

Francois Barnard
Francois Barnard
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31596

Hi Muntasir

Thank you for your reply. A superuser has been created for your your convenience. See below.

The menuitem "PC Install Procedure" is currently a child item of "COMPUTER BOOK-IN" because I cannot see it any other way. As soon as I place it adjacent to COMPUTER BOOK-IN, in other words, an child item of IT MATTERS, it does not show on the menu.

Two other Mega Menu issues:

1. I cannot adjust the megamenu width. I think it is currently at 150px, and if I change it to 300px, nothing happens.
  2. As soon as I click on "PC Install Procedure," the main menu changes. The icons next to the two mega menus disappear and the down arrows become square blocks.

I have loaded the Helix Ultimate 2.02 update now, but none of these problems are addressed by the update.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,

J. Francois Barnard

Francois Barnard
Francois Barnard
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #31865

Hi Muntasir I see there is a new update on SP Pagebuilder and Helix Ultimate today. I have installed and tested it, but the menu remains the same - no changes there. Regards, J. Francois Barnard