[Locked] Support Forum Response Times - Question | JoomShaper

[Locked] Support Forum Response Times

J

johnny

General 1 year ago

This is a genuine query.

What turnaround should I expect with response times? I can't seem to find any information on this other than what's in the Joomshaper support policy;

JoomShaper support staff guarantee to reply to your initial request for support within 48 business hours.

This isn't true, there are many forum posts older than 2 days with 0 replies.

Some of my questions are answered within a few days, some are open 4 weeks still with no answer and no update.

In the event that a post isn't answered after 2 days (or 4 weeks), should we (customers) post again after a few days to remind staff?

Thanks

13 Answers
‏‏‎ ‎J‏‏‎‎e‏‎‏‏‎‎n‏‏‎‎s W.‏‏‎
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100956

From my experience so far, it is partly necessary to contact the support via chat, otherwise it can take months until a response comes.

The last time I contacted the support via chat was yesterday, because a customer still had no answer after two months, whether he should wait for an update or switch to a new template. Ofi then took care of the matter directly.

Just replying to your own post is not enough in many cases!
If you have marked an answer as a solution but there are still questions open, you should unmark the answer so that support can see that there are still questions open.

edit:
I would say that if a user had to wait two months, that Joomshaper as an apology extends the license for free for one month.

edit: 21210

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #100967

Johnny, In last 9 minutes I responded your two topics. It means quite fast, they were asked 1h ago.

I think it's fast, but we are not McDrive ;p

Today, I remember my answer gave to user after 3min after his question asked.

Sometimes there is longer delay, I agree... we are only humans, not bots.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100968

Paul.. but the standard is different. The problem (you need to see that) is that you guys are very kind and friendly, but you only help people in the rarest of cases. Because your standard message is always... "Please give me access to the admin".

And then you are silent for far too long, until we give up unnerved! 80 % of my inquiries are not answered or always only with the standard sentence. And you should help us, withouzt Access to the Admin. I have Customers on my server. I can not give everybody the sensible Data.

In my Case you ignore my inquiries.. you now it best, because you are the one, who wanted to kick me from the forum. I can't always take your feelings into account. sorry for that. May i sound rude. You should urgently rethink your support.

You should be able to admit that!

J
johnny
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100971

Hi Paul, yes I can see that you have replied to two of my questions within 10 minutes. Thanks. I feel like this may have been to prove a point on how efficient support is, or perhaps the questions were very easy to answer? In any case, its extremely rare to receive such prompt support.

I dont think it's reasonable for us (customers) to expect a response in 10 minutes. I would happily wait longer, providing the response was quality and not simply 'give me admin access'. I have provided this on numerous occasions and still not received a reply.

Nobody wants support from a bot. We understand you're human, but so are we, and we have services that we provide to clients that are vital. Slow response from support means unhappy clients, which means unhappy customers.

I'd still appreciate an answer to my question though.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100976

Hi Paul,

it is commendable that you are aiming for fast response times.
However, you ignore the real problem, which is the long waiting times of up to two months.
It's also worth noting that fast response times are only shown for the first response to meet the 48-hour window, but there is no response from support staff for days, weeks and in some cases months after that.
It is important to look at the big picture of wait times and focus on solutions to improve overall support performance.

With kind regards

Edit: Regarding the 48 hours, cannot be generalized for all support staff.
At least in many cases that I have encountered.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100992

as i mentioned in another post.... "I think you should also focus on Joomla back again.

It seems that "themeum" costs too much resources. it is understandable that you try to jump on the "wordpress" bandwagon, but let it be. You will have only problems with wordpress users. Besides, wordpress is quliatatively just crap.

You can't keep up with your main business, how do you want to satisfy your wordpress customers in the future? That's not going to happen. From a business point of view this is pure suicide."

Joomla was your main draw as I see it. It should keep the priority.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104952

@Saam

There is a saying that only he who does nothing has no problems, but unfortunately this is not the solution either.

WordPress has so huge mln community - also with kids/housewives with 0% expirence who think that in one day build a good website, as well as 20-year-old WP experts, who know the limitations of that CMS.

Maybe one day - all support will be in hands on ChatGPT (artificial intelligence) then will be ... "fun". Privately, I do not wish this on you.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104970

@Paul You have once again missed the point. You say such incoherent stuff, it's really bad paul. What is the context of your contribution to mine?

Currently I would prefer a smart chatGPT I'm afraid.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #104972

So ask there... quicker (!).

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105021

may not quicker, but certainly more competent than your work here. it is disappointing and frustrating to have to discuss all your failures with you and get these kind of responds. once again.

thank you!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105032

TOPIC CLOSED!

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105039

As i can see, johnny is still expecting a competent answer. We dwell on silly dominance posturing here.

That is exactly the point of this topic probably. It takes too long... for a competent answer.

Johnny is the one who can close this topic Paul.

N
Noe
Accepted Answer
9 months ago #121147

Wow, I didn't know support gave these kind of answers.

I am a new member for Joomshaper, just asked a simple question, exactly the same...

How much time will support take, but now that I am reading all this thread, I hope I can manage any problem myself.

So sorry to read all the answers from support.

Well, best regards to everyone.

This topic is locked