Configuration Changes - Question | JoomShaper

is live, now with multi-currency selling.

Configuration Changes

Charlotte Munch

Charlotte Munch

Template 1 week ago

Hi I am working with the Terrae template and would like help with the following:

  1. How do I change the typography and colors of the wavy banner on the front page - see screenshot1

  2. I want to reduce the distance from the menu down to the header - see screenshot2. How do I do that?

best regards Charlotte

0
27 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234197

Super. Mark topic as solved. I updated also Template documenation adding those tips.

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234180

Hi Charoltte,

Your screenshot links are not correct, I see only error 404.

Anyway. I will try to guess.

ad 1) Use Custom CSS to change default code

.clip-style1 textPath {
  font-family: Bagel Fat One;
  font-weight: 400;
  font-size: 130px;
  line-height: 1.1;
}

Now your turn, change font name and font-size (!)

Then color, from green to white use

.clip-style1 textPath {
  color: #FFF;
  fill: #FFF;
}
0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234181

ad 2) Padding (purple) in Article view

space.jpg

You can reduce top-padding by using that Custom CSS

.view-article #sp-main-body {
  padding-top: 80px;
}

default value was around 185px

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234184

Thanks for the answer!

I managed to change the style - but not to the font "Baloo Thambi 2" which I wanted!

I did not manage to change the color as the page crashed when I tried!

I can't find the ccs file where I need to reduce the top-padding. I have tried template.css in the CSS folder theme.scss / responsive.scss in the SCSS folder

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234186

Touching template.css is bad idea, we informed about that in Helix documenation (!). Please use custom.css file >> https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/custom-code-css-js-meta

do everything using Custom CSS, in case of "I gave up..." please let me know what font settings you need and share access in "Hidden Content" area.

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234188

I would like to use the font "Baloo Thambi 2" (as in the main headline) And the background of the banner should have the color #389433

And thanks for the good advice - the spacing is perfect now 👍

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234189

New Font

.clip-style1 text, .clip-style1 textPath {
  font-family: 'Baloo Thambi 2', sans-serif;}

Background color (not green anymore, for example, transparent black)

.clip-style1 .waveClip {
 stroke: #000000b2; }
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234190

The typography is correct now - but the background color should not be black - but green. It can be transparent, however.

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234192

Are you sure that you used , I don't see sign of using it

.clip-style1 .waveClip {
  stroke: #224A1ED1;
}
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234193

There you go - now it's there! Thanks for the help......

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234204

Sorry - I have to reopen! Because now I have problems configuring my off canvas menu - it doesn't work if I change the configurations under template styles

The background should be #FFFFFF Text Color should be #252525 Hover Text Color should be Blue: #2C79A8 Active Text Color should be Red: e24417

And the whole menu should be left aligned!

And one more thing - I would really like to make a larger margin on the left and right on the mobile pages. The headline can end up going over the edges!

Can you help with that too?

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234213

Those colors are taken from SPPB Settings. Edit here

info__631.jpg

For example:

  • Mobile Menu BG is bg-body-primary
  • Mobile Menu items: text-variation-1
  • Active Menu item (now yellow): text-variation-5
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234257

Thanks - The colors match now! But the typography and centering of the menu don't - where do I change it?

And again one more thing - I would really like to make a larger margin on the left and right on the mobile pages. The headline can end up going over the edges!

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234260

About Typography, if you used Custom CSS already for that , just change one small thing, add "#sp-header" before class name:

#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li.active > a, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li.active > span, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li  > a, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li  > span {  .... }
0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234261

Custom CSS should help

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
.com-sppagebuilder #sp-main-body,
.view-article #sp-main-body {margin: 0 10px; }
}

it will add extra 10px on both sides on mobile view

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234262

I can't code - unfortunately. So I only use Custom CSS when you send me something !!! Can you send the whole code?

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234263

this is default style used for menu items, change what you need/want

#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li > a, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li > span, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li > a, 
#sp-header .sp-megamenu-parent > li > span {
  font-weight: 400;
  font-size: 18px;
  letter-spacing: -0.2px;
  opacity: .6;
  color: 080808;
}
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234272

There are only 2 things I'm not so happy about:

The footer doesn't go all the way to the edge. And that's maybe because we've made a right and left margin. But only the mobile version needs a margin in the body - because the text can end up going over the edge - not the footer!

I want the wave not to be transparent (sorry I changed my mind)

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234273

Than just change color hex code (here), or totally remove that line

.clip-style1 .waveClip {
 stroke: #000000b2; }
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234274

Thanks !

And the footer thing ?

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234277

Footer changes to override template default style

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  #sp-footer {padding: 10px 0; margin: 30px 10px 0 10px;}
}
0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234278

Would you please check this -> https://midtpunktet.dextime.dk/index.php/madplan on your mobile (I have an iphone14) and see that the header goes over the edge on the right side.

On the PC the footer still has a white margin on the same page

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234281
@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
h1, .article-details h1 {font-size: 60px;}
}

Smaller font-size should help , by default was 87px

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234282

About the footer, update the previous code to that one

@media screen and (max-width: 768px) {
  #sp-footer {padding: 10px; margin: 30px 0px 0px 0px;}
}

I changed margins > padding

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234283

Now the footer looks great on mobile - but still not on the PC ?

0
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #234326

Add that line above last line

#sp-footer {margin: 30px 0 0 0;}

0
Charlotte Munch
Charlotte Munch
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #234328

NOW it looks nice - thanks for your patience!

0