ALL EasyStore Customers Should Be Given A FULL REFUND - Question | JoomShaper

ALL EasyStore Customers Should Be Given A FULL REFUND

SC

Stuart Clark

EasyStore 4 days ago

EasyStore is not currently fit for purpose, as shown in numerous questions which continue to be posted in the last few days. (see examples below)

Until EasyStore is production ready - which for the avoidance of doubt means supporting CORE Joomla features and working as expected - ALL EasyStore customers should be given FULL REFUNDS for their purchases and asked to HELP JoomShaper in beta testing this product.

• New feature requests should be prioritised and recorded publically so their priority can be assessed.
  • Bug reports should be dealt with as the highest priority, NOT using hacks which will revert on the next update.

Some examples of existing EasyStore issues (these are ALL from the last month):

5 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 days ago #161931

Hello Stuart Clark

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I sincerely apologize for any frustration and inconvenience you have experienced with our product and service. Your feedback is invaluable and helps us to continually improve.

I have addressed two major issues on your site.

1. Breadcrumb adding shop or parent menu item title to the end on Product Details page and Customer Profile page.
  2. Image was not loading in Product Details page until variant is selected.

I am pleased to inform you that the issues you raised have been resolved. Additionally, we are working diligently to address the remaining issues, which will be fixed in our next release.

Your satisfaction is our top priority, and we appreciate your patience as we work to enhance your experience with our product. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

Best regards

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
3 days ago #162012

I agree with you, @Stuart Clark. It is a beta development product, and I haven't been able to use it in any project since I bought the membership last October, almost a year ago. I have tried all the updates, and I no longer consult anything in the forum because my initial issue was ignored. This year, I took it as a way to "fund" the project, but if there are no definitive advances before the membership renewal, I will downgrade my membership level. I believe a year is more than enough to resolve the issues of a product that was supposedly ready for production. I would gladly support a Patreon or similar initiative to help develop a new product; I know it's costly, but selling Easy Store as a finished product has proven not to be the way, as customers may feel deceived, rightfully so, losing money, time, and resources.

I'm sorry, @Ofi Khan, but the colleague is right, and in my opinion, the fundamental issue is deeper, and I would like to know if you have plans to resolve it. From the beginning, Easy Store allows creating categories and assigning products to them (well, assigning a product to multiple categories doesn't work correctly), but the most important aspect is the structure of categories and products. It is not possible to display all categories on a single page, in grid or list format, with a menu item and a friendly URL. Many of the issues raised in the forum this year stem from this, caused by using the filter to replace, poorly and quickly, the basic navigation functionalities and requirements not only of any e-commerce but also of any website. This leads to problems with native multilingual support, the overall slowness of the extension, usability issues, and the impossibility of making Easy Store search engine friendly, not to mention the structured product data that should be essential nowadays.

Honestly, if you decide to launch a new e-commerce solution for Joomla, I understand that it is to improve on those already available and functional, such as EShop, HikaShop, or Joomshopping, to name a few. Another question I would like you to answer is, how much more time do you need for that?

I am very interested in your response, as it will determine whether I renew my Easy Store membership.

Thank you

SC
Stuart Clark
Accepted Answer
2 days ago #162046

@Ofi Khan - you can see I am not alone in my views. @lluis above demonstrates exactly what I've been trying to get accross to you for weeks now!

We need an OFFICIAL, CONSIDERED response to these questions - and we need to know whether it is worth OUR time and money to keep funding your company's ongoing future.

What you seem to be ignoring is that if we all STOP renewing our memberships, you won't have ANY income to keep developing. Your LACK OF SUPPORT and REFUSAL TO FIX BUGS or ADD REQUESTED FEATURES are the actions which are going to cause us, your customers, to go elsewhere!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 day ago #162168

Hello guys,

Thanks for your thoughtful feedback. We are working with a few features like tax on product page as per EU policy and showing all categories from the component menu item etc. In near future, the product will be more stable and user friendly. We are continuously taking suggestions from you and implementing them. Please do not hesitate to contact us and demand more features. While we can't commit to every request to be added but we definitely value your opinion and cosider it. If you still any features from the other ecommerce extension and want them to be in EasyStore, then let us know.

Last but not the least, we are a customer-oriented company and you guys are the heart of our company. We appreciate your patience, time and willingness to work together. We will not disappoint you.

Best regards

L
lluis
Accepted Answer
1 day ago #162190

Dear Ofi Khan,

I have no doubt that you are working hard on Easy Store and that it will improve in the future. However, I also have no doubt that presenting it in its early development stage as a finished product has been a mistake that does not benefit your company's prestige and has cost us time and money.

The membership change that practically "forced" your customers to purchase Easy Store has been another significant mistake, which I assume you will fix soon. There are other ways to finance projects, as I mentioned in the previous post, and many of us would have supported them.

But since you presented and sold it to us as the Joomla solution for e-commerce, how did you expect customers to react? You knew the real state of the project's development. Yes, some still buy Easy Store, but it is not for its functionalities or stability. It is because they believe it has the functionalities you advertise, which, as of today, is far from the reality.

In short, as I always say, reaching the top is very difficult, but falling is very easy. You know what you are doing in your company, but if you really listen to us, take action, fix the technical and membership errors (there are many ways to do it), and above all, keep us informed.